Saturday, July 11, 2009

only yesterday you were a puppy…

DSC01190
I don’t want to turn this blog into a “dog-blog”, but I’m going to turn the focus away from Hank on this one.  Thursday, my doggy back home, Calie – a white Great Pyrenees, passed away at only age 4. Dad had noticed that breathing had been hard for her the last week, so he took her to the local vet. They couldn’t tell what was wrong with their equipment, so he and Emily took her to a special vet in Denver.

That vet discovered that she had a massive tumor in her lung which was very aggressive and had grown very fast, along with her lymph nodes being swollen up.  He sent them home with some pain killers, but didn’t give her much hope. That same day, Calie fell asleep and passed away.

They are not sure why this progressed so fast in such a young dog, and Great Pyrenees’s are not prone to this type of cancer. This is just hard for me as I’m sick of having loved ones with cancer and death.

Here’s a tribute to our dear puppy:

DSC01200    DSC01193 DSC01198
Calie following Rosie:
DSC01242
Em and Calie:
DSC00680 
Calie and Finley:DSC05423
All of the Frasier girls:
DSC02600
DSC01538 DSC01527

We love you Calie!!
DSC01541

1 comment:

Alicia said...

I'm so sorry for your loss. I know how hard it is. She was a gorgeous dog! Wish you the best.

Alicia