Sunday, March 22, 2009

the rest of the story…

Today at church, the retired pastor came back to preach and I just love listening to him. He has one of those voices that almost mesmerizes you, but not put you to sleep. He talked about some of his favorite actors and voices on the radio and one of them was Paul Harvey, and his famous line, “and that is the rest of the story.” With this line, he was referring to one of the Bible’s most popular verses, John 3:16.

“For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.”

But then he went on to talk about how this verse is not the rest of the story. The rest of the story is that there are millions of people living in darkness and it is our job as Christians to help show them the light so that they might not perish but also have eternal life. This just inspired me to thank God for my break week and to tell you the rest of the story on my week and the blessings God has given me in my life. I pray that God can use me to lead others out of darkness.

So I thank God for…

DSC00040…the beautiful purple flowers budding next to my house, and for God providing new life.

DSC00051 … for great friendships and fun, relaxing times.

DSC00044 … for keeping those special people in my life safe throughout car accidents and in the sale ring.

No comments: