Sunday, October 24, 2010

A quarter of a century ago….

…I was born! I turned 25 yesterday and had a great Saturday to celebrate. I first started celebrating on Thursday by going to the Aaron Watson concert.

On Friday, one of my best friends, Patricia, who now lives in Pennsylvania, finished her meetings with ConAgra and I picked her up in the afternoon. We did a little shopping and she came to Seward with me to stay for the weekend. On Saturday, we went for a long run/walk with Hank through the Plum Creek Park – the weather has been beautiful! Then we ate lunch and went to the quilt show. They had some beautiful quilts on display and some fun stuff for sale. Both Patricia and I are getting into quilting – I’m working on hand-quilting a runner and she is quilting a t-shirt quilt (her mom is an incredible quilter too, so I learned some new stuff!)

DSCI0009

That evening on our way to RO’s Lounge for dinner, we drove by the Jones National Bank and I saw this!

If you can’t see the video, Ronny had the Jones Bank display say, “Happy 25th Birthday Kelsey Pope”. Thanks honey – but you could have left the 25 off!

He also got me a cake. White cake, nonetheless – my favorite!

DSCI0004DSCI0008

And I got some good loot. Thanks to my family and friends for a great birthday – I really do feel loved!DSCI0010

Technorati Tags: ,,

2 comments:

crystal.cattle said...

Sounds like you had an excellent birthday. The bank sign is funny. There is a restaurant in the boy's town that will put up any messages you would like.

www.cdycattle.blogspot.com

crystal.cattle said...

Sounds like you had an excellent birthday. The bank sign is funny. There is a restaurant in the boy's town that will put up any messages you would like.

www.cdycattle.blogspot.com