Saturday, November 6, 2010

Do the Hustle

This morning was the Holiday Hustle – a 5-mile run in Valparaiso, Nebraska. My friends Shelley and Kim came with me, and we braved the brisk morning for the run.

We ran on the Oak Creek Trail which is a very nice, crushed-rock trail that runs between Valparaiso and the town of Brainard – about 12 miles. We just rain 2.5 out and back, but it was beautiful scenery. 
Holiday Hustle 2010-me, shelley & kim(1)

{Me, Shelley and Kim}

There weren’t very many in the run (30 or so) but I somehow received 2nd place in my age division. My first running medal! :)

Holiday Hustle 2010-medal

This was the first year for the Holiday Hustle and it benefited the Raymond Central Elementary School’s backpack program in conjunction with the Food Bank for the 2010-2011 school year.