Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Cheering

I’m used to being the one competing in an event, but I was happy to be a cheerleader this weekend for one of my best friends, Melissa, as she completed her first marathon!

Melissa came to Lincoln Saturday night with her husband, Todd, and Patricia and Craig, Ronny and I met up for dinner. It was a fun Theta reunion!DSC03745

Melissa ran with another one of our K-State Theta friends, Danielle, who ran the 1/2 marathon. Here they are at mile 6.
Photo: Way to go gals!!!

Then she went on to run the second half by herself. Here she is at mile 16 – all smiles!

Even mile 23 she is rocking it!
photo (4)

It was a fun day to cheer her on – I’m so proud of her and how far she’s come in two years! You can read her view of the marathon here.

2 comments:

Steve Finnell said...

you are invited to follow my blog

Melissa said...

You, my friend, are so sweet! Thank you so much for the shout out! :) In a few more years, maybe we can run a race together!