Thursday, October 11, 2012

Fall gourd decor

I shared last week that I did a DIY craft project with my gourds from my 2011 garden harvest. They have been drying and curing for over a year and I’ve made a few projects with them including these DIY birdhouses.

I started with this lineup in my backyard shed: gourds, cardboard & spray paint.
DSC03006

The Rust-oleum paint I used  (gold, bronze and slate) left a hammered finish which I love.
DSC03007DSC03008DSC03009DSC03010

While I took a break to let the gourds dry, Ronny managed to steal the camera and snuck up on me as I finished up the last coat. Creeper! What is really funny is that I didn’t know about this picture until I was taking these photos off of my camera. :)
DSC03011DSC03013

When they were all dry, I incorporated them in my china hutch and centerpiece.
DSC03095DSC03097

I got the plate from a HomeGoods store when I was visiting my sister in Olathe.DSC03101

What do you think about my placemats? They were our 3rd – leather – wedding anniversary gift from my parents. Love ‘em, thanks Mom & Dad!
DSC03099

The extra gourds that I spray painted may have shown up in other areas around the house. I decorated right before leaving for a work trip and Ronny called to tell me that gourds were poppin’ up everywhere!
DSC03103DSC03104

I love fall decorations.

No comments: