Sunday, June 2, 2013

Garden 2013

I forgot to get pictures of my garden when I first planted it in May. But it has really been enjoying the rains and warmer days.DSC04046

This year, I planted tomatoes (after not trying last year when they were sprayed by the lawn behind us the year before), but I moved them to the front of the garden box hoping that keeping them away from the fence would help.
DSC04049

I also planted green peppers, broccoli, cucumber and started carrots and lettuce from seed.
DSC04047

Last year, our vertical pumpkins experiment would have worked better if we didn’t have a drought. They just didn’t receive enough moisture in the tubs. So this year, we removed two bushes (they were taking over and I wanted my spirea bushes to have more space). I’ll eventually put something else in their spots, but decided to try putting two pumpkin plants in them to see what happens.
DSC04052

Of course, Hank always loves spending time in the yard with me – especially the shade. :)
DSC04051

My goal was to get the garden in, but I’m making no promises on how much of it will be harvested by the time Baby Pope gets here!

No comments: