Monday, April 25, 2011

Garden 2011

Remember my failure container gardening last year thanks to Hank?


Well Ronny decided to make me a boxed garden. We made it 8' x 3' and put by the fence in the backyard where it would get plenty of sun, but is shady enough some of the time so the plants won't get scorched.

Here is is after I finished planting....with a helper...who won't be able to dig in because we put chicken wire over the top and planted inbetween the holes. But for good measure until the plants get established, we did put a temporary fence around it to keep the digmaster out.


I planted regular tomatoes...

 Jalapeno peppers...

Hybrid bell salsa peppers...

 Zuchhini...

And carrots from seeds (my first seed experience so we'll see how this goes)...

 Broccoli...

 And cherry tomatoes...

I will also be planting some gourd seeds we received from church, but I need to germinate them. (Watch out Em and Mom (hort nerds) here comes Kelsey's Green Thumb!)

Hopefully Hank will stay out and we'll have a good garden harvest!

No comments: