Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Just a little scratch and love...


Last week, Ronny was traveling and I was in meetings late most nights, so we didn't get much time to visit, much less any time for me to entertain and exercise Hank. But late one evening, I'm about to fall asleep on the phone talking to Ronny and Hank keeps bugging me - whining, jumping on my legs and scratching at me. Here goes our conversation:

Me: "Hank, I'm really sorry I didn't take you out today - but you did get to play outside when I got home."
Hank: *whhhiiiiinnnnneeeee
Ronny: "So anyways, about my black cows...."
Me: "Oh my gosh Ronny, we forgot Hank's birthday!"
Ronny: "We did, didn't we -  April 3rd, right?"
Me: "Yes, I'm sorry Hank! {scratch scratch love love} You did get to play with Ruby {friend's dog and Hank's girlfriend} the day before your birthday, so we'll make that count!"
Hank: *perfectly content with the scratching and love.

We love you Hank and sorry we missed your birthday!

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Tillie Mae's birthday is the same week as Hank's! They wouldn't make very pretty puppies though, lol! Happy Birthday Hank!

Melissa said...

Tillie Mae's birthday is the same week as Hank's! They wouldn't make very pretty puppies though, lol! Happy Birthday Hank!