If you’ve ever eaten at my Grandma Bailey’s house, then more than likely you’ve eaten her famous Pizza Casserole. It’s a family favorite and kids and adults both like.
It’s easy. So easy a Husband can do it. (No Ronny, I’m not suggesting you’re a caveman!). The other night I had all of the ingredients for Pizza Casserole and when he asked, “What do you want for dinner?”, I told him I had all of the ingredients and he willingly said he would make it.
So while I got to spend some more time with our little man, he made my favorite casserole. He doubled the amount of cheese it needed, but I won’t blame him for that!
1 (12-oz.) bag wide egg noodles
2 lbs. hamburger
1 onion, chopped
2 cans cream of mushroom soup
2 cans tomato soup
1 (6-oz.) pkg. pepperoni
8 oz. mozzarella cheese
½ tsp. garlic salt
Sliced black olives, optional
- Cook noodles to al dente.
- While noodles are cooking, brown hamburger and onion together, then drain.
- Mix soups and hamburger mix together.
- Spray a 11 x 15 casserole dish (or make 2 smaller-sized casseroles – this works great in the freezer!) with cooking oil, then add noodles to the bottom of the pan.
- Layer meat mixture on top of noodles, and top with cheese.
- Generously layer pepperoni slices on top of cheese. (Add black olives if you want – or add other veggies to make it “supreme”!).
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes or until cheese is bubbly.