Monday, August 15, 2011

Quilting and the county fair

I finally finished my hand-quilted runner that I’ve been working on for awhile. My grandma taught me to quilt with this runner from cutting the fabric, putting the pieces together and hand-quilting.

So I decided to find out what the Seward County Fair is like and enter it, along with another machine quilted runner that I made, in the open class. I ended up getting a red ribbon, but got some really good suggestions from the judge – so now I know how to improve myself!

It also put me in contact with the local quilting guild where they meet once a month with a speaker – not a group quilting session – to talk about new quilting techniques. I’m going tonight with my quilter friend, Shelley, so we’ll see how it goes!

IMG_20110807_151603[1]

And I can’t sit still too long. Here is my next project…

11 - 1

No comments: