Monday, December 3, 2012

Home office | my favorite things

I wanted to highlight my favorite things of my new room.

First, I obviously LOVE my chair. It is a Flexsteel swivel/glider and so comfy to sit and read/write. I’m also a fan of paisleys – which is why I chose the print.
DSC03277

All of the pieces on the wall are special to me. This first one was a 4-H project I did with paper and string when I was little. I found this digging through some things at home. I found a frame that is double glass with an easy edge that slides on to display the piece.
DSC03255_thumb[1]

The “mola” above my desk is a quilted piece of art that Mom found for me when we were in Panama. Since it is turquoise and I love quilting, this one is special.
DSC03265_thumb[1]

The pallet shelf is rustic and fun that it came from the ranch. I also love it that Ronny and I made this together. Other favorites about this is that it has our brand, and star, and a picture of Hank.
DSC03269_thumb[1]

The chest is Ronny’s show box made in High School. His mom refinished it last year and I love the dark brown accent it adds to the room. It also stores extra quilts and blankets.DSC03275_thumb[1]

Our picture stand. I used to have this in the living room, but since redecorating, I brought it in here. This was a hand-me-down shelf from the Pope’s, but I love that we have all of our family pictures in one place.DSC03271

On that shelf is also one of my other favorite pieces of art. This was made by Aunt Sue, in which she took our wedding invitation and added beautiful paper flowers. She knew I loved turquoise (probably from our turquoise wedding invitations!) and the flowers match perfect to my room.DSC03272

4 comments:

Melissa said...

I love it all! Such a fun space.

Home on the Range Exchange said...

Super cute! Thanks for sharing!

Kelsey Pope said...

Thanks, gals!

Crystal Cattle said...

I love that chair, and of course all the turquoise accents are great. I can't wait to have a pallet shelf of my own.
www.crystalcattle.com