Wednesday, April 29, 2009

fighting…

Today’s blog is honor of my friend, Sara. She is a month older than me, and was diagnosed with Hodgkin’s Lymphoma in February. It is hard to think about someone my age with cancer. I know it was hard on her at first, but she has been blogging about her treatments, experiences and even Critter Tales (her wiener-dog) and just through her writing, I can see how strong she has had to become. She has always been a strong girl, but this has been a whole new level for her.

I’m a strong supporter of the American Cancer Society and especially Relay for Life, and Sara is participating this year. You can check out her story here.

Yesterday, Sara wrote that she had a PET scan and her tumor has shrunk a lot! She won't get to reduce her treatment time any, but her doctors were very pleased with the results.  And she hasn’t even lost her hair yet! Please keep Sara in your prayers that her lymphoma continues to go away and she is cancer-free soon!!

stevie ryan me and sara 
Stevie, Ryan, me and Sara around Easter

No comments: