Saturday, April 4, 2009

Relay For Life…

DSCI0149

This was my second year to participate in Relay For Life at K-State, put on by the American Cancer Society. My team raised $530, but there was only 5 of us on the team, so we did a pretty good job I think!

My reason to Relay: My family and I lost the greatest person in the world last year, my Gramps, to cancer. It has been such a struggle for me, but I know he is ranching in Heaven and is rid of cancer for eternity! I dedicated my time to Relay for Life to fight cancer, and to support those who have survived.

DSCI0141 DSCI0150 

Above are two of the luminarias I made for Gramps. Mom & Dad and my two uncles contributed to the cause, and I made luminarias in honor of Gramps for them. I can see him smiling at the pictures.

DSCI0146 It was a pretty chilly night and the wind was horrible as usual, but there was a good turn-out and we ended up raising over $35,000 despite the economy. Thanks to those who support cancer research, and thanks to those on my team for hanging in there and having a fun time!

No comments: