Saturday, June 5, 2010

I just love Cattlemen...

Today, I'm representing the Corn Board at the Annual Cattlemen's Ball in Kearney, Nebraska. It's a hot, muggy day, but I'm glad I'm in the shade under the tent! I get to talk to cattlemen all day, and then eat some beef tonight and hear Randy Travis perform!

The Cattlemen's Ball is a benefit event established to promote beef in a healthy diet, to showcase rural Nebraska and to raises money for cancer research. You may remember from a previous post that my favorite cattleman, my Gramps, lost his fight with cancer two years ago...so events like this are special for me to remember him and support further research to fight cancer.

Here is my booth promoting Nebraska Corn and Corn-Fed Beef...

I also have some samples of Dried Distillers Grains (corn co-product made from ethanol production)...

And right next to me is the Nebraska Cattlemen's booth...

My booth is in the General Store area where you can find lots of these...

And crazy Husker things...

And these. I'm going to send my husband over to this booth when he arrives. :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Whoa...those boots are OUT THERE!! lol, I wonder if they make K-State ones?

Anonymous said...

Necklaces are great! The boots were cool! I wish they did something like that around here! I lost both my grandparents to cancer too! :(

crystal.cattle said...
This comment has been removed by the author.