Wednesday, May 18, 2011

The garden is growing…

Garden May 18 (5)

The garden has really started to take off since first planting it! As you can see, I added tomato cages and coverings to keep the warmth in the tomato plants (I used some leftover weed barrier and milk jugs).

I have been germinating some gourd seeds. I simply put the seeds folded in a moist paper towel in a ziploc bag and put it in the kitchen window. I observed them for a couple of weeks, and decided today to get them planted! Three of the four germinated, so I’m glad I did the process so I didn’t have a dud in the ground. Garden May 18 (2)Garden May 18 (3)Garden May 18

My little cherry tomatoes are growing despite some broken branches from hail…Garden May 18 (6)

My broccoli is LOVIN’ this cool, wet weather and has really taken off. It got some dents and broken leaves from the hail storm last week, but has bounced back…Garden May 18 (7)And I have a couple of Nebraska hybrid tomatoes growing!Garden May 18 (9)

Now bring on the sun!

1 comment:

Shelley said...

Wow your tomatoes are really growing! I'm going to steal that black wrap idea.