Since getting my sewing machine for my birthday, I’ve been having fun doing little room improvement projects.
First, I couldn’t find euro sized pillowcases that I liked, so I found some light green fabric that matched our bedspread. To make a pattern, I looked at some other removable pillowcases, measured, cut and sewed.
I even added a little gold trim to match the bedding.
I thought they turned out really well!
But then decided that I needed a decorative pillow. So I did a little bit of fabric piecing work and did this…
Next onto the living room. I have a combination of color schemes for our living room, which include our chocolate brown couches, the rust-colored curtains that match my Red Angus cowhide, turquoise, green and goldish tan. I wanted to combine all these colors with decorative pillows and I found a picture of pillows that I liked. So again, I measured, cut and pieced the fabric.
I then stuffed and sewed shut. Here are the finished products:
And if I need a change, I’ll just flip ‘em over:
Next project: finishing my quilted runner! Update to come!