Monday, August 31, 2009

New happenings!!

My hiatus from blogging and anything fun (facebook, twitter, wedding plans, etc.), have all been to finish up my thesis and interview for jobs.

First, I am excited to announce that I accepted a JOB offer with the Nebraska Corn Board!!! This was only my second job interview, but after receiving the offer, I decided this would be a great opportunity for some corporate experience and would compliment my education in beef and ag economics. I will be working in downtown Lincoln in the State Building next to the capital…which is about a 24 minute drive from Seward. So I will start sometime the middle of October upon defending my thesis.

Speaking of thesis… I finished my first draft!! 106 pages later. My major was very complimentary and right now, I’m working on doing corrections and will set my defense date this week.

The most fun part about the last two weeks was my surprise bachelorette party thrown by my sister (MOH).  We started at Theta where I got my shirt… which said, “I’m Marrying the Pope!”.

Here I am with my future mother-in-law and mom. :)momsGetting ready to get embarrassed:kelsThree of my five bridesmaids:bridesmaids 

And then…..the night got a little crazy:

 moose quarters kels and pat  

But it was fun!! Thanks girls for a memorable night!!

No comments: