Sunday, November 25, 2012

Christmas decor

I hope you had a great Thanksgiving! We enjoyed the day in Kansas with Ronny’s family and on Friday, my nephews and I helped Grandma put up her tree. They were big help.
IMG_0669

We came back to Nebraska on Friday night. This gave us time to decorate for Christmas!

As I was pulling out my Christmas decorations, I realized I really skimped on the fall decorations this year and didn’t get out a majority of them. So we put up a few more indoor and outdoor decorations to make up for it. (These are all phone pictures – sorry for the fuzziness.)
IMG_0677

My favorite part of my decorations is my kitchen chandelier. I draped snowy, pine garland across the top and hung icicle ornaments throughout. This picture doesn’t do it justice.
IMG_0687

I didn’t put our tree up this year, but I have two smaller trees up instead.
IMG_0673IMG_0675

I also love my nativity scene that Grandpa and Grandma Cinnamon made for us. The perfect reminder of why we celebrate Christmas.
IMG_0674

We don’t have an elf on a shelf, but we do have a Santa on a shelf! He seems to be happy up there – maybe he just likes sitting by the wine? :-)
IMG_0686

And remember this – my Christmas in July project? It found a new spot in our living room as well. How could anyone give Baby Jesus a white ribbon? Makes me laugh every time I look at it, thank you hubby.
IMG_0682IMG_0688

Lastly, we surely aren’t the Griswold’s, but we do have some lights up this year – which is more than what we could say last year. Thanks to Ronny and our friend, Josh, for putting these up!
IMG_0678

And while we’re talking decorating, my chair finally came in for my new office/reading room. Here is sneak peak, but I want to share with you the whole room transformation…stay tuned!
IMG_0690

1 comment:

Melissa said...

I LOVE your chandelier too! Can't wait to see you soon!