Monday, April 26, 2010

The Av has a story to tell…

My truck/SUV, a 2003 Chevy Avalanche has something to share. You see, I bought this pickup myself (after taking advantage of an employee discount with Farm Credit and a nice loan from them!) in July of 2003, the summer before my senior year of high school. It was (and still is) my dream truck because it is so versatile! I can haul things, yet stuff stays clean in the back because it seals up so nice.

Ronny and I debated trading her in after we got married, but I'm just not ready. But this week, driving between Lexington and Broken Bow, Nebraska, we crossed a milestone. Ready???

10....

99990

9….

99991 

8….

99992

7….

99993

6….

99994

5….

99995

4….

99996

3….

99997 

2...

99998

1….

99999 

BLAST OFF….

100000

I really wanted my truck to start blinking its lights and to hear cheering noises to come from the stereo and confetti blown from the vents. But it didn't. Instead, she just did this...100001

Oh well. At least she's still running good. And for her 7th birthday, I think I'll buy her some new shocks. :)

2 comments:

Miss Mandy said...

hahah I love you and this story!!!

Anonymous said...

haha right on with the lights blinking and confetti, that is so "me"! I'm replying to your comment on Crystal.cattle's blog, the post about luck. I wanted to say THANK you! When I read her post I thought well I gotta speak up and say it's not luck but God's will... and so I was glad to see you had posted a good comment on that!