Thursday, December 1, 2011

Christmas Advent

One of my six goals was to make an advent calendar. Realistically, I didn’t have time to make/sew a calendar, but that doesn’t mean we can’t still celebrate Christmas and Christ’s birth with an advent!

I am actually going to do two advents. At home, Ronny and I will be doing a Bible verse advent calendar that I got from Happy Home Fairy with a free printable advent calendar that I can cut and put in my new fun little jar from IKEA, and read the Bible verse from every day.

I also found a great Countdown to Christmas advent calendar from the wonderful Women of Faith blog. The Countdown to Christmas is an online, clickable advent that allows you to click the gift each day that says “open me” to see the devotional, holiday fact or even a gift!

image

I encourage you to participate – in one way or another – to remember the reason for the season and to stay a little more leveled during this time of year that is so focused on material things.

No comments: