Monday, May 26, 2014

Baby Food Garden 2014

I wasn’t sure my garden would get put in this year. And I wasn’t too worried if it didn’t – obviously I have way more important things to play with, like a little boy. :)

But since I’ve been making all of Chisum’s baby food, I thought it would be fun if I did get my garden in, to make it a “baby food garden”.

Chisum came with me and we went on a quick adventure to the greenhouse on Saturday and got cucumber, zucchini, acorn squash, summer squash plants and one small roma tomato since Ronny and I like to eat them. I also have carrot seeds and peas so I planned to put them in as well. It will be a smaller garden than year’s past (2011, 2012, & 2013), but that’s fine for this year.

DSC05624

There was some volunteer lettuce growing from last year, so Ronny replanted them in the corner and I threw in a few more lettuce seeds just for fun.
DSC05625DSC05626   DSC05627

This is my first time trying acorn and summer squash – hopefully my little squash-lover will like them.
DSC05628   DSC05630

I loved having little helpers. ;)

DSC05619

No comments: