Monday, May 7, 2012

Haiku | green rain

Did you know that I like poetry? I wrote a poem once for my Grams and even got it published. When I find it I’ll share it, but I just remember the first part,

I love my Grams, her name is LaRue.
And when you are feeling sad, she has enough love for two.

Very elementary but the rest is pretty good as I remember. In High School Speech competition, I competed for two years in poetry. I think it just has something to do with the thought behind the words that sway together in a melodious rhythm.

I don’t take time to write poetry very often, but I’ve been thinking about getting back into it. I was inspired by the rain last week, so here’s a few shots at my green rain Haiku’s (a Japanese poem of seventeen syllables, in three lines of five, seven, and five).

DSC02015

When rain comes in Nebraska,
the green ripens and soaks it in.
The smell sweet and pure.

DSC02016

Raindrops like beads of glass.
Gather on leaves as drops fall above.
The storm is rolling by.

DSC02014

The squall billows and blares.
Sweet drops stare at the thought formerly.
Missed a misfortune by miles.

2 comments: