Friday, May 25, 2012

Shinin’ on Me

I just got back from New Orleans and I need a vacation.

What?! You’re saying I’m crazy.

I was in New Orleans for work and won’t lie…we had a great time {a blog will be coming}, but it was a lot of travel for the short amount of time spent there. This has been a busy spring for me – which I do appreciate – but with the nice weather I’ve really been needing a break and a little rest & relaxation.

I found this Jerrod Niemann song, “Shinin’ on Me” on YouTube and it just gave me a little pep talk that I need to enjoy each day.

So now, I’m going to embrace the gift of this weekend and Memorial Day.

I’m going to take time for myself and time to spend with Ronny and Hank.

I’m going to remember both my Gramps and Ronny’s Grandpa Pope, as well as all of the other military men and women who have sacrificed so much for our country.

I’m going to let the light shine on me.

No comments: