Saturday, May 26, 2012

Nawlin’s. NOLA. The Big Easy.

It’s been a little over a year since I was last in New Orleans for the U.S. Grains Council meeting. My travels there this week were for the U.S. Meat Export Federation. Both of these organizations open up export markets all over the world for corn and corn-fed red meat.

DSC02130

The first evening of the meeting after the port tour – read about that here - we had a river cruise with hors d'oeuvres at sunset. The weather was nice and warm, there was a good breeze and it was just simply a pretty evening.

DSC02149DSC02147DSC02150DSC02153

Jessica and I. Jess is the USMEF intern and a Sewardite!
DSC02144
DSC02156

The next evening after meetings, we took a stroll to Bourbon Street to catch some local food, drinks and music.

DSC02158

My friend and counterpart from Iowa Corn, Carrie and I had a great time!

DSC02160DSC02159

I did not try the “Hurricane” drink, but the group had to get one since they are famous there for obvious reasons. The fire in the back was actually part of a fountain – way cool!
DSC02168DSC02164

This band at Fat Catz was rockin’! They played all different kinds of music from jazz to 80’s to country. We spent a good time there dancing.DSC02169

It was a fun time, but I was ready to come home. You can see more pictures here.

No comments: