Sunday, May 20, 2012

Modern Maze Quilt

Last fall I started a queen-sized quilt that I wanted to make for myself. This was the first, very large quilt to attempt – so I started simple. I picked an easy pattern (out of the Modern Basics book) called a Modern Maze that was the same block organized in a different rotation for each row.
11 - 1
DSC00011

I’ve had the top of the quilt done since December and it was one of my goals to complete it by the time summer rolled around.
DSC00014
DSC00018

You might remember the pictures of the backside of the quilt that I wrote about in January.
DSC01122

I sent it to Omaha to Aimee at Splendid Stitches and she had the whole thing quilted in less than a week. I’ve had my quilt completed for a couple of months – but now that it is warm enough out, I could finally put it on our bed and I’m so happy with it!
DSC02105
DSC02108

I took it to “show-n-tell” at the local quilt guild meeting and they loved it as well. I can finally cross this off the list and move on to the next project. I have a pattern for a Christmas wall-hanging, so that is next!

No comments: